FOLLOW YEASIR SIR

Thursday 6 June 2013

Collocation: stupid

stupid adj.
verbs
appear , be , feel , look , seem , sound
I felt so ~ when I realized what had happened.
My sister made me look ~ in front of all my friends.
get
The situation is getting ~.
act , play ( AmE )
I decided it was best to act ~.
Don't play ~, Carlos—what happened?
call sb
make sb
Success has made him ~.
adverb
extremely , fairly , very , etc.
amazingly , exceptionally , incredibly , monumentally , particularly , ridiculously , truly , unbelievably
a truly ~ thing to do
absolutely , completely , plain , simply , totally , utterly
That was just plain ~!
not entirely
I'm not entirely ~. I checked the train times before we came out.
a little , slightly , etc.
enough , sufficiently
He's ~ enough to believe anything.
phrases
be too ~ to do sth
She's too ~ to realize that she'd be happier without him.
Stupid is used with these nouns: argument , bet , comment , crush , excuse , fault , fight , fool , game , grin , hat , idea , idiot , jerk , joke , kid , mess , mistake , move , people , question , remark , stunt , suggestion , thing , trick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews of this BLOG

COUNTRIES USING THIS WEBSITE (ENGLISHWITHYEASIR)

Flag Counter

Alexa Traffic