FOLLOW YEASIR SIR

Thursday 12 September 2013

common English mistakes made by ESL students




Below are some of the most common English mistakes made by ESL students
in speech and in writing. 

Wrong
I have visited Niagara Falls last weekend.
Right
I visited Niagara Falls last weekend.


Wrong
The woman which works here is from Japan.
Right
The woman who works here is from Japan.


Wrong
She’s married with a dentist.
Right
She’s married to a dentist.


Wrong
She was boring in the class.
Right
She was bored in the class.


Wrong
I must to call him immediately.
Right
I must call him immediately.


Wrong
Every students like the teacher.
Right
Every student likes the teacher.


Wrong
Although it was raining, but we had the picnic.
Right
Although it was raining, we had the picnic.


Wrong
I enjoyed from the movie.
Right
I enjoyed the movie.


Wrong
I look forward to meet you.
Right
I look forward to meeting you.


Wrong
I like very much ice cream.
Right
I like ice cream very much.


Wrong
She can to drive.
Right
She can drive.


Wrong
Where I can find a bank?
Right
Where can I find a bank?


Wrong
I live in United States.
Right
I live in theUnited States.


Wrong
When I will arrive, I will call you.
Right
When I arrive, I will call you.


Wrong
I’ve been here since three months.
Right
I’ve been here for three months.


Wrong
My boyfriend has got a new work.
Right
My boyfriend has got a new job. (or just "has a new job")


Wrong
She doesn’t listen me.
Right
She doesn’t listen to me.


Wrong
You speak English good.
Right
You speak English well.


Wrong
The police is coming.
Right
The police are coming.


Wrong
The house isn’t enough big.
Right
The house isn’t big enough.


Wrong
You should not to smoke.
Right
You should not smoke.


Wrong
Do you like a glass of wine?
Right
Would you like a glass of wine?


Wrong
There is seven girls in the class.
Right
There are seven girls in the class.


Wrong
I didn’t meet nobody.
Right
I didn’t meet anybody.


Wrong
My flight departs in 5:00 am.
Right
My flight departs at 5:00 am.




Wrong
I promise I call you next week.
Right
I promise I’ll call you next week.


Wrong
Where is post office?
Right
Where is the post office?


Wrong
Please explain me how improve my English.
Right
Please explain to me how to improve my English.


Wrong
We studied during four hours.
Right
We studied for four hours.


Wrong
Is ready my passport?
Right
Is my passport ready?


Wrong
You cannot buy all what you like!
Right
You cannot buy all that you like!


Wrong
She is success.
Right
She is successful.


Wrong
My mother wanted that I be doctor.
Right
My mother wanted me to be a doctor.


Wrong
The life is hard!
Right
Life is hard.


Wrong
How many childrens you have?
Right
How many children do you have?


Wrong
My brother has 10 years.
Right
My brother is 10 (years old).


Wrong
I want eat now.
Right
I want to eat now.


Wrong
You are very nice, as your mother.
Right
You are very nice, like your mother.


Wrong
She said me that she liked you.
Right
She told me that she liked you.


Wrong
My husband engineer.
Right
My husband is an engineer.


Wrong
I came Australia to study English.
Right
I came to Australia to study English.


Wrong
It is more hot now.
Right
It’s hotter now.


Wrong
You can give me an information?
Right
Can you give me some information?


Wrong
They cooked the dinner themself.
Right
They cooked the dinner themselves.


Wrong
Me and Johnny live here.
Right
Johnny and I live here.


Wrong
I closed very quietly the door.
Right
I closed the door very quietly.


Wrong
You like dance with me?
Right
Would you like to dance with me?


Wrong
I go always to school by subway.
Right
I always go to school by subway.


Wrong
If I will be in London, I will contact to you.
Right
If I am in London, I will contact you.


Wrong
We drive usually to home.
Right
We usually drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews of this BLOG

COUNTRIES USING THIS WEBSITE (ENGLISHWITHYEASIR)

Flag Counter

Alexa Traffic