FOLLOW YEASIR SIR

Monday 28 October 2013

Common Mistakes in English You Must Know to Save Yourself

Below are some of the most common English mistakes made by ESL students, in speech and in writing. Go through the examples and make sure you understand the corrections. Then try the grammar test at the end to check your progress.

  1. Wrong I have visited Niagara Falls last weekend.
    Right I visited Niagara Falls last weekend.
  2. Wrong The woman which works here is from Japan.
    Right The woman who works here is from Japan.
  3. Wrong She’s married with a dentist.
    Right She’s married to a dentist.
  4. Wrong She was boring in the class.
    Right She was bored in the class.
  5. Wrong I must to call him immediately.
    Right I must call him immediately.
  6. Wrong Every students like the teacher.
    Right Every student likes the teacher.
  7. Wrong Although it was raining, but we had the picnic.
    Right Although it was raining, we had the picnic.
  8. Wrong I enjoyed from the movie.
    Right I enjoyed the movie.
  9. Wrong I look forward to meet you.
    Right I look forward to meeting you.
  10. Wrong I like very much ice cream.
    Right I like ice cream very much.
  11. Wrong She can to drive.
    Right She can drive.
  12. Wrong
    Where I can find a bank?
    Right Where can I find a bank?
  13. Wrong
    I live in United States.
    Right
    I live in theUnited States.
  14. Wrong
    When I will arrive, I will call you.
    Right
    When I arrive, I will call you.
  15. Wrong
    I’ve been here since three months.
    Right
    I’ve been here for three months.
  16. Wrong
    My boyfriend has got a new work.
    Right
    My boyfriend has got a new job. (or just "has a new job")
  17. Wrong
    She doesn’t listen me.
    Right
    She doesn’t listen to me.
  18. Wrong
    You speak English good.
    Right
    You speak English well.
  19. Wrong
    The police is coming.
    Right
    The police are coming.
  20. Wrong
    The house isn’t enough big.
    Right
    The house isn’t big enough.
  21. Wrong
    You should not to smoke.
    Right
    You should not smoke.
  22. Wrong
    Do you like a glass of wine?
    Right
    Would you like a glass of wine?
  23. Wrong
    There is seven girls in the class.
    Right
    There are seven girls in the class.
  24. Wrong
    I didn’t meet nobody.
    Right
    I didn’t meet anybody.
  25. Wrong
    My flight departs in 5:00 am.
    Right
    My flight departs at 5:00 am.



  1. Wrong
    I promise I call you next week.
    Right
    I promise I’ll call you next week.
  2. Wrong
    Where is post office?
    Right
    Where is the post office?
  3. Wrong
    Please explain me how improve my English.
    Right
    Please explain to me how to improve my English.
  4. Wrong
    We studied during four hours.
    Right
    We studied for four hours.
  5. Wrong
    Is ready my passport?
    Right
    Is my passport ready?
  6. Wrong
    You cannot buy all what you like!
    Right
    You cannot buy all that you like!
  7. Wrong
    She is success.
    Right
    She is successful.
  8. Wrong
    My mother wanted that I be doctor.
    Right
    My mother wanted me to be a doctor.
  9. Wrong
    The life is hard!
    Right Life is hard.
  10. Wrong
    How many childrens you have?
    Right
    How many children do you have?
  11. Wrong
    My brother has 10 years.
    Right
    My brother is 10 (years old).
  12. Wrong
    I want eat now.
    Right
    I want to eat now.
  13. Wrong
    You are very nice, as your mother.
    Right
    You are very nice, like your mother.
  14. Wrong
    She said me that she liked you.
    Right
    She told me that she liked you.
  15. Wrong
    My husband engineer.
    Right
    My husband is an engineer.
  16. Wrong
    I came Australia to study English.
    Right
    I came to Australia to study English.
  17. Wrong
    It is more hot now.
    Right
    It’s hotter now.
  18. Wrong
    You can give me an information?
    Right
    Can you give me some information?
  19. Wrong
    They cooked the dinner themself.
    Right
    They cooked the dinner themselves.
  20. Wrong
    Me and Johnny live here.
    Right
    Johnny and I live here.
  21. Wrong
    I closed very quietly the door.
    Right
    I closed the door very quietly.
  22. Wrong
    You like dance with me?
    Right
    Would you like to dance with me?
  23. Wrong
    I go always to school by subway.
    Right
    I always go to school by subway.
  24. Wrong
    If I will be in London, I will contact to you.
    Right
    If I am in London, I will contact you.
  25. Wrong
    We drive usually to home.
    Right
    We usually drive home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews of this BLOG

COUNTRIES USING THIS WEBSITE (ENGLISHWITHYEASIR)

Flag Counter

Alexa Traffic