FOLLOW YEASIR SIR

Saturday 18 May 2013

LIKE Collocation


like verb
adverb
enormously ( esp. BrE ) , especially , genuinely , a lot , particularly , really , truly , very much
I ~d him enormously and was sorry when he left.
I really ~ that restaurant.
best , better
Which story do you ~ best?
quite , rather ( esp. BrE )
always , never , still
I have always ~d Sue and I don't intend to stop now.
instantly
Everyone he met instantly ~d him and wanted to be friends.
personally
I personally ~d this song a lot.
secretly
She guessed that he secretly ~d wearing skirts.
verb + like
appear to , seem to
begin to , start to
come to , get to , grow to
I hope you will get to ~ our town.
learn to
I'm learning to ~ spinach.
want to
I wanted to ~ the movie because of its message.
try to
I tried to ~ her because it would be for the best.
pretend to
He pretended to ~ her for Tony's sake.
phrases
be universally ~d
a man who was universally ~d
be well ~d
He works hard and is well ~d by his colleagues.
Like is used with these nouns as the object: dance , feeling , film , food , job , joke , laugh , look , music , taste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews of this BLOG

COUNTRIES USING THIS WEBSITE (ENGLISHWITHYEASIR)

Flag Counter

Alexa Traffic