FOLLOW YEASIR SIR

Saturday 18 May 2013

Sleep Collocation


sleep noun
1 condition of rest
adjective
deep
light
much - needed
I'm off to bed for some much-needed ~.
adequate
REM
verb + sleep
drift into , drift off to , drop off to , fall back to ( AmE ) , get to , go to
She turned over and went back to ~.
cry yourself to
There are nights when I cry myself to ~.
catch , get , snatch
Close your eyes and get some ~ now.
I snatched a few hours' ~ in the afternoon.
need
survive on
They seem to survive on only a few hours' ~ a night.
induce , promote
the use of drugs to induce ~
lull sb to , send sb to
The quiet music soon sent her to ~.
drift in and out of
He drifted in and out of ~ all night.
lose ( often figurative )
Don't lose ~ over it—we'll sort everything out in the morning.
disrupt , disturb , interrupt
catch up on
I used Saturday to catch up on my ~.
feign
I feigned ~ when the nurse came around.
sleep + verb
come
Sleep came to her in snatches.
overcome sb , overtake sb
Sleep finally overtook me.
sleep + noun
cycle , pattern , schedule ( esp. AmE )
deprivation , loss
disorder
apnoea/apnea
aid ( esp. AmE )
the nation's most commonly prescribed ~ aid
preposition
during   ~
a decreased heart rate during ~
in your   ~
He often walks and talks in his ~.
phrases
a lack of ~
I was suffering from a lack of ~.
a wink of ~
I won't get a wink of ~ with that noise downstairs.
2 period of sleep
adjective
long
little , short
dead , deep , heavy , sound
uninterrupted
good , restful
light
disturbed , exhausted , fitful , restless , troubled , uneasy
I woke up early after a disturbed ~.
dreamless , peaceful
drunken
beauty
Sorry, but I need my beauty ~.
verb + sleep
need
have
Did you have a good ~?
be in
I was in a deep ~ when the phone rang.
drift into , fall into , sink into
I immediately fell into a dead ~.
awake (sb) from , awaken (sb) from , wake (sb) from
He woke from a fitful ~ with a headache.
phrases
a good, poor, etc. night's ~
You'll feel better after a good night's ~.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews of this BLOG

COUNTRIES USING THIS WEBSITE (ENGLISHWITHYEASIR)

Flag Counter

Alexa Traffic